Give Yourself a New Smile in One Day
- Posted on: Dec 30 2020
At Implant Dentistry of Florida, Dr. Brown and our team change the smiles of our patients in a single day with what we call Teeth in a Day. This amazing process gives patients a complete, beautiful smile in just a matter of hours.
Talk about a New Year to smile about!
What is Teeth in a Day?
Using dental implants to anchor dentures isn’t new, but it has typically involved six to eight implants on each arch. These implants were placed vertically into the jawbone.
Dr. Brown’s Teeth in a Day method requires only four implants per arch. The key to Teeth in a Day is the two back implants on each arch. Instead of being placed vertically, these back implants are placed at a 30- to 45-degree angle from the biting plane. Doing this usually precludes the need for bone grafting. Patients who have been missing their teeth for some time usually have lost some degree of jawbone mass, and vertical implant placement often requires grafting to build the bone back up. After the back implants are placed at an angle, the front two implants are placed vertically. This is possible because there is usually less bone loss toward the front of the jaw.
Next, a prosthesis with 10-14 teeth is permanently attached to the four implants on each arch. For these permanent prostheses, the patient can choose between porcelain or composite resin.
What are the benefits of Teeth in a Day dental implants?
Our Implant Dentistry patients find these to be very rewarding procedures. For a person who has been missing all of his or her teeth, the life changes made with Teeth in a Day are hard to sufficiently detail. These are the benefits associated with this amazing procedure:
- Eat a normal, diverse diet without worrying — Because your new teeth are fully anchored into your jawbone, you can now return to a normal diet.
- Return to a confident smile — Your new teeth will function, feel, and look just like natural teeth. Your smile will be back.
- Acquire a complete set of fully functioning teeth in a short amount of time — The Teeth in a Day implant procedure takes around 2.5 hours per arch, and you will have temporary functioning teeth the same day (they will be replaced with your permanent teeth when your implants have fully healed and solidified).
- Chew and bite with confidence — Your anchored new teeth will give you a bite force with 70 percent more power than dentures.
- Teeth for life — Your four or eight implants are permanent, and your new teeth can last the rest of your life.
- Implants without painful bone grafts — If you’ve lost jawbone mass you won’t need to suffer through the bone grafting often required with traditional implants.
- Put an end to further bone loss — Your implants will now transfer bite force energy down into your jawbone. This energy triggers the jawbone to continually create new bone cells, the key to healthy bone mass.
If you’ve lost all or most of your teeth, how do you feel about having a full set of beautiful, anchored, functional teeth in a day? Call Dr. Brown and our team at Implant Dentistry of Florida, (321) 372-7700, and ask about Teeth in a Day.