Teeth In A Day (Same Day Dental Implants)
A healthy, attractive smile is not complete when there are diseased or failing teeth. At Implant Dentistry of Florida in Melbourne, Dr. Clark Brown utilizes the latest proven techniques to restore the structure, appearance, and health in your smile. One technique that patients appreciate is the Teeth in a Day process.
What Is Teeth In A Day?
Many patients who are in need of tooth replacement have remaining teeth that are in poor condition. Teeth in a Day is a process in which Dr. Brown removes diseased or failing teeth, inserts dental implants, and affixes a full set of natural-looking artificial teeth all in the same day. At the conclusion of treatment, the artificial teeth that are situated over dental implants and have comparable chewing capabilities as natural teeth.
How Teeth in a Day Works
Teeth in a Day treatment is intended to restore optimal chewing function and appearance without the typical wait time associated with tooth replacement. The majority of the process is dedicated to planning. Taking meticulous steps before the day of treatment, such as diagnostic imaging and creating a surgical guide, we are able to approach the tooth replacement procedure with everything in place to reach completion in a single day.
Benefits Of Teeth In A Day Dental Implants
There are several benefits gained by inserting dental implants and a temporary denture immediately following tooth extraction. Our patients appreciate being able to leave the office with a new, fully intact smile. As the implants heal within the jawbone and become fully stabilized, additional benefits occur. These include:
- Healthy teeth support a well-balanced diet. The stability gained with dental implants allows patients to enjoy soft foods, crunchy foods, dense foods, and slightly chewy foods. This makes it possible to obtain optimal nutrition through a widely varied diet.
- When upper dentures are affixed to dental implants, there is no need to cover the palate. Many people don’t realize that the upper palate is involved in how well we taste food. Leaving this part of the mouth intact, Teeth in a Day treatment supports the pleasure of eating which, in turn, sustains quality of life.
- Dentures that are not affixed to implants are known to cause discomfort along the ridge of the gum line. This stems from movement and friction between the gums and dentures. Dental implants placed during the treatment procedure become encased in bone. The implant posts do not move, which means dentures will not move during chewing.
- Stability is also necessary for confidence. Your natural teeth did not slip or fall out. Your replacement teeth shouldn’t either. Implant-supported dentures stay put when you speak, eat, laugh, and go about your daily activities. This enables you to live with the utmost confidence.
- Dental implant posts are intended to take the place of natural roots in more ways than one. The primary action of implants is to stabilize replacement teeth. At the same time, implants supply the jawbone with the stimulation that is needed to sustain bone density. The bone loss that is common in the absence of natural teeth can be decreased significantly by inserting implants.
What Our Patients Say
“What a great office. The staff is friendly and helpful. Dr. Brown is the best. I needed implants and the whole process went smoothly. I wouldn’t go any where else.” – Sandy G.
To read more patient testimonials, click here!
Candidates for Same Day Dental Implants
Teeth in a Day is suitable for adults who:
- Have missing or failing teeth.
- Have generally healthy gums.
- Have sufficient jawbone structure to support dental implants.
- Do not have a health condition that could inhibit bone and tissue healing.
- Are interested in immediate results from tooth replacement.
- Want a treatment that achieves the longest lasting results.
- Do not have oral habits or lifestyle habits, such as teeth-grinding or smoking, that could negatively affect the function of dentures and dental implants.
- Are committed to practicing good oral hygiene after treatment.
We want the best possible outcome for each of our patients. Before recommending teeth in a day treatment, we conduct a comprehensive consultation and examination to ensure we can meet their goals.
What Is The Procedure Like For Teeth in a Day?
Steps involved in Teeth in a Day treatment include:
- Comprehensive oral exam and diagnostic imaging. Multiple types of images may be obtained to develop a 360-degree view of the mouth that includes teeth, the jawbone, and surrounding anatomy. These images help the dentist determine the best placement for dental implants.
- Using a detailed surgical guide, the dentist extracts teeth before situating four or more dental implants in preselected points along the jawbone. The top portion of each implant is left exposed so temporary dentures created from images and impressions of the mouth can be immediately affixed to them.
- Detailed instructions for post-treatment care are provided. This includes how patients should brush and what they can eat to support the optimal healing of implants beneath the gums.
- Over the course of several months, swelling from implant surgery will subside and implants will gain full stability in the jawbone. After this has occurred, a final denture can be attached. Artificial teeth are made to withstand normal chewing and to both look and feel like natural teeth.
Recovery After Same Day Dental Implants
Patients are typically prepared for mild swelling and discomfort for a few days after their procedure. In some cases, minor bruising may occur. During this time, over-the-counter pain medication is usually sufficient for pain management. A week to 10 days after the procedure, most normal activities can be resumed, including many usual eating habits. When it comes to dietary choices, if a food is questionable, we encourage patients to contact our office before including it in a meal.
Schedule A Consultation
Restore your smile and quality of life with a healthy new smile. Contact Implant Dentistry of Florida to learn more about Teeth in a Day! Call us at 321.372.7700 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Clark Brown. Our practice serves Melbourne, Florida and surrounding areas.